Women entrepreneurs worldwide are carving out a niche for themselves in unconventional businesses. Take Aakanksha Bhargava. She joined her father’s logistics business in 2007, and for the longest time, subordinates did not take her seriously. Fast forward to 2017 and she is the undisputed boss. Yes, the boss daughter, but still the boss, and over the last decade, she has helped grow the business exponentially.
“I worked hard to change the perception of the people as well as the fortunes of the company,” she said. Bhargava asserted there are no differences between a woman and a man when it comes to business.
And then there’s the founders of cow-based sustainable living company A2 Naturals, run by Shivali and Radhika Miglani and their mom.
“Extensive R&D into merging the traditional with the modern led to developing a range of cow-based, daily-use products,” said Radhika, adding that the quirkiness of her business is often frowned upon.
Pointers from the article:
- The success of a woman lies in supporting other women
- A mom can be the strongest pillar of support.
- Take the plunge [business ownership] and you will see the miracles.
- The hurdles [to starting a business] are just in the mind.
- Always do what you feel you need to do.
- There are no differences between a man and a woman when it comes to business.
- There is nothing a woman can’t do. Absolutely, it’s an open secret!
- Being a woman [ global] entrepreneur makes me feel more in control of my life.
- In our office, the smartest women surround me.
Read more here.
Note: Don’t miss our next WEGG webinar 3/8/17 on “Regulations, Conventions, and Battles of the Spirit: The International Trade of Craft Spirits,” and presented by Dr. Sonat Birnecker Hart, President and Co-founder of KOVAL Distillery. Register here:
Event is no charge but you must register in advance to attend.