We hosted an impromptu wegg® COVID-19 wegginar® Town Hall on 3/19/20 to connect with our amazing community and talk about what everyone is doing to cope during this unprecedented challenging time. Here are a couple of useful and fun tips that were shared during our Town Hall. We even added a few resources of our own to keep you up to date and informed on all things related to COVID-19.
- Andy Molinsky our lead speaker shared great tips on how to cope during COVID-19. Thanks Andy! After Andy chatted, we moved on to other participants and here’s what they shared.
- How do you stay calm? “I use Insight Timer app.”
- What do you do when you and your family get bored? “I visit the Over 30 Virtual Field Trips with Links page.”
- Empathy is important – one participant shared this resource that explains why.
- “I stock up my liquor cabinet :-)”
- “I watch this video that has to do with Ten Percent Happier.”
- “Tara Mohr and others are offering online co-working sessions. Tara typically starts a 90-minute session with a brief meditation, then via Zoom people are paired up to talk about what they will work on, then back into the main Zoom gallery to work. Usually closes with a poem.”
- “This is tricky but I am sharing, “Convincing Boomer Parents to Take the Coronavirus Seriously.”
- What assistance is available to small business owners? “SBA Coronavirus (COVID-19).”
- For a great resource on COVID-19, try Plante Moran’s Resource Center.
- “Simply Piano app works for me!”
- wegg’s resource that we like for the moment, which includes apps and tools to stave off cabin fever.
You can see we were all over the map on what works for each person during the COVID-19 outbreak. Different strokes for different folks but the net outcome? Calm.
Thank you to everyone who joined our Town Hall and for your good input. Special thanks to our co-host Laura Fairman for donating her precious time to help us run the program. Listen to the recording at your convenience. We look forward to connecting with you again soon at a future Town Hall gathering – stay in the know by signing up for our newsletter.
Meanwhile, feel free to join us on our next awesome wegginar on 4/8 at 11AM CT, “Bras Without Borders,” when Dana Donofree, founder of AnaOno will talk about her journey from despair to triumph – and how she is currently running a successful global e-commerce business.