- Captured the US Department of Energy’s Cleantech University Prize (Cleantech UP) at the 2018 Rice Business Plan Competition on April 7. Prize: $50,000 award used for business development, commercialization training, and other educational opportunities.
- Won first place and $30,000 at Northwestern University’s VentureCat competition. NUMiX will use the funds to scale up production of its platform.
The NUMiX business includes a suite of sorbent powder products capable of collecting metals from water. Such products could be used to clean toxic metals out of industrial wastewater or recover silver in manufacturing processes for reuse.
About Katie and her upcoming wegginar 10/3/18
Katie is a Master’s of Engineering Management student and a safety engineer at Northwestern with a background in chemical engineering, specializing in process safety management. Her wegginar, “Small Startup, Big Global Impact,” will cover:
- Origin story of a small women-owned hard science company
- Technological developments and their impact on water risk
- Worldwide water as a market
- Considerations of a small company reaching across the globe
To register (it’s free due to wegg’s sponsors) or learn more, visit: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8060785115734801921