“Nothing will work unless you do.”
As we celebrate the labor of all workers today, we would like to give a special acknowledgment to the dedicated and passionate women entrepreneurs that make up our community. Their tireless hard work and resilience are examples of labor that enriches and sustains themselves, their families, and the global economy at large. The work that an entrepreneur must dedicate to their goals and business in order to go global is always admirable and inspiring. Each of the 13 million women-owned businesses in our country deserves to be celebrated for their accomplishments and lauded when their enterprises have created jobs and opportunities for others. From all of us at wegg®, thank you.
We have included a collection of resources to learn more about the history of Labor Day and ideas for acknowledging the laborers that make your business run.
- History of Labor Day from the U.S. Department of Labor
- 4 Ways to Recognize Your Employees For Labor Day from Focus HR
- Team Bonding’s 6 Ways to Celebrate Labor Day 2022
- The Today Show: 12 Labor Day facts about the holiday’s storied history
- Workers Rights Activists And The History of Labor Day from PBS
“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” -Steve Jobs